In an attempt to forget (even for a short while) about the waters that are creeping slowly but surely into the city, I decided to watch a movie. This one has been on my radar for a while but for some reason got pushed somewhere far away until today and I’m glad I watched it now. It was good, it was romantic, it was lovely, it was the perfect escape. And I loved it.
15 random things about 500 Days of Summer
1. Summer is a cool name for a girl. Autumn is not.
2. If expectations would coincide with reality every time, life wouldn’t be as interesting.
3. Never heard of The Architecture of Happiness by Alain Botton but now that I have, I want to read it.
4. There’s a French song in this movie that I really liked.
5. Things can go from colorful to colorless very quickly when you are in love. Nothing new here, eh?
6. When Tom is depressed he likes vodka and orange juice. Oh, and smashing plates.
7. “To die by your side is a heavenly way to die.” The Smiths said that. Beautiful.
8. Some people can draw a cool picture on the inside of an arm.
9. “She’s like the wind…” Remember that song?
10. There are things you shouldn’t shout in a park in the middle of the day.
11. It’s cool to have a blackboard in your house. I want one too.
12. Have you read The Picture of Dorian Gray? This movie will remind you of it.
13. Vagiant is what happens when you put together vampire and giant. There’s actually a band with that name. I googled it. Shame on me, I know.
14. “The best way to get over a woman is to turn her into literature.” Apparently Henry Miller said that.
15. I dare you to tell me you don’t like this song: